söndag 23 maj 2010

Aren´t we all gay, anyway?


I detta fall talar baksidestexten för sig självt:
Step 1: Find a job. (Done! I’m doing PR for hotshot young designer Muriel B. -- which I’m totally unqualified for.)
Step 2: Find a man. (Check! There’s a rich, gorgeous man chasing me . . . so what if I find him infinitely less appealing than my charming, possibly gay, French coworker?)
Step 3: Find a translator. (Hmm? I do have that French-English dictionary . . . but it so doesn’t help with the language of love.)
Step 4: Find a shower. (I did just fly in from New York . . . I can’t be fabulous all the time!)
.. Lynn Blanchett hamnar mitt i ett modejobb i Paris fast hon inget kan om mode. Till sin hjälp har hon endast en självhjälpshandbok som utlovar 20 steg till lycka (även om boken heter "21 steps..").

Några av mina favorituttryck:

Nicolas: "It´s the best and the most fun. You actually pre-buy your food and cook it yourself."
Lynn: "Can´t we just grab a bite anywhere?" Only the French would think it´s fun to make you work for your own lunch.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lynn: "Is it true that you´re..."
Nicolas: "What?"
Lynn: "Well, you know, gay?"
Nicolas: "Who told you that?"
Lynn: "Not that I´m judging you. It´s perfectly all right to be gay. Gay is normal. Gay is even more normal than not gay, if you see what I mean. Aren´t we all gay, anyway?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lynn: "It´s very good, Nicolas," I say and force another forkful of the stuff in my mouth. It´s fatty, stinky and revolting. But I swallow and smile. God, we´re not in any sort of real relationship yet and I already have to fake a culinary orgasm.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar